Absolute Fave: MAC Paint Pots

Paint pots are my absolute favorite things from M.A.C Cosmetics (their MSFs come a close second)! I love that you can wear them as primers or on their own. I don't have as many as I'd like to have though, because I'm terribly paranoid about them drying up. Here is my collection of 6. 

Top row: Bare Study, Painterly, Morning Frost(LE)
Bottom row: Rubenesque, Indianwood, Groundwork


As you can see, Indianwood is starting to dry up & pull away from the edges :( When I got it, I noticed the texture was considerably drier than the others. Not sure if it's meant to be like that or if mine is just dried out. 



Bare Study is a shimmery skin tone color and Painterly is a slightly darker, matte version of Painterly. They would be a great base if you're about an NC/NW15/20 in M.A.C shades. They're good worn with eyeshadow on top but too slightly too light to be worn on their own on my NC25/30 skin tone, especially if I don't take the time to blend them out. 

Morning Frost is limited edition from the Glitter and Ice collection (released late 2011) and it's a frosty taupe color. 




Rubenesque was my very first paint pot and this is my second pot of it, I love that stuff! It's adds a peachy, shimmery wash of color to your lids and I think it's a great paint pot to have, no matter what your skin tone is. 

Indianwood has to be my FAVORITE by far, it's the paint pot I reach for the most. It's a very dark bronze color which goes well with my skin tone. It gives me depth in the outer corners of my eyes so it's the easiest to wear on it's own. It's like an entire eye makeup look without the fuss.

Groundwork seems like a matte brown but I'm pretty sure it has the slightest hint of shimmer in it. Nothing too major, but enough to make you want to take a closer look. It's a good nude color for anyone with darker skin.

Left to right: Bare Study, Painterly, Morning Frost

Left to right: Rubenesque, Indianwood, Groundwork

Paint pots are the best primers in my opionion. I've tried the Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance but paint pots are the best. I'm definitely looking to collect more M.A.C paint pots but I'll take my time and wait to see what the other collections offer!



No comments:

Post a Comment